Healthy New Albany Programs
We are offering our community programming with safety precautions in place. This includes virtual and in-person options. We are working diligently to adhere to all state mandated guidelines to ensure that our participants are as safe as possible.
Safety Protocols based on current State of Ohio and Franklin County Guidelines include:
- Wearing masks while entering or exiting a program (attendees and staff) and while indoors (unless under official exceptions – such as exercise or while eating/drinking)
- Wearing masks while outdoors and unable to consistently maintain a distance of six feet or more from individuals who are not members of their household
- Maintaining six feet social distancing for program attendees
- Regular disinfecting of high-touch surfaces
- Providing access to hand sanitizer
- For indoor events: limiting the attendance to 10 participants per room
- Asking that anyone with symptoms or a possible exposure to COVID-19 stay at home
Additional protocols may be in place for specific programs.
The Philip Heit Center is equipped with an HVAC system that meets the strict compliance standards for air flow and filtration required by The Ohio State Wexner Medical Center and Nationwide Children’s Hospital. We are confident that we can safely welcome you indoors for our programs and events.
If you have any questions regarding Healthy New Albany COVID-19 safety practices please email email@example.com.
Click here to view upcoming programs. You can also subscribe to our weekly newsletter to stay informed by submitting the form at the bottom of this page.
We have compiled a list of resources (from sources outside of Healthy New Albany) that may help you during this time. The list includes links to reliable disease information, content for kids and families, and general health and immunity information. Click here to view the list.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions. Email is the best method of communication as our office hours will continue to vary.
Healthy New Albany is just one of the organizations within the Heit Center. Anyone who enters the Heit Center will be asked to participate in a screening and temperature check. Masks must be worn in the building at all times. Please refer to each individual organization within the Heit Center for COVID-19 Updates.
- Healthy New Albany (see above)
- OSUWMC Health & Fitness Center
- OSUWMC Primary Care, Physical Therapy, and Sports Medicine
- Nationwide Children’s
New Albany Food Pantry
The New Albany Food Pantry is working with the NAPLS District to help students and families. To ensure that families have ample provisions the pantry is asking for donations.
In an effort to keep everyone safe and healthy, we are asking that you refrain from dropping off any type of donation at the Heit Center for the time being. If you would like to make a monetary donation online, please visit our website by clicking here. Grocery store gift cards are also greatly appreciated! Gift cards can be mailed to 150 W. Main St, Suite B, New Albany, OH 43054.
Franklin County Public Health – Coronavirus Disease 2019
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) – Steps to Prevent Illness
World Health Organization (WHO) – Coronavirus Disease Outbreak
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
© 2019 Healthy New Albany. All rights reserved.