One step at a time to good health in New Albany
The New Albany Walking Classic is the heartbeat of Healthy New Albany.
Celebrating its 13th anniversary, the Walking Classic is a unique event that attracts young and old, novice and Olympian walkers to the heart of our city.
It has become the premier walking event in the United States, bringing national status and attention to our efforts to create a culture of health one footstep at a time.
This year’s date: September 17, 2017
We are pleased to announce our partnership with the The Nationwide Children’s Hospital Columbus Marathon. The Walking Classic will have a 10k division only. We are encouraging those who wish to participate in a half marathon to register in the walking division of the Columbus Marathon. We believe the Columbus Marathon is the most walker-friendly marathon in the country. Those who participate in both the Walk 10k and the walking division (half or full marathon) of the Columbus Marathon will receive a special award. Registering for both events must take place on the respective websites of the Walk and Marathon.
- Largest Walking-Only race in the U.S.
- Voted #1 Walk in America by Walk! Magazine
- Voted #1 Best Fitness Event by Best of The ‘Bus – City Scene Magazine 2013
- Sells out annually
- Finishers medal
- Age group awards
- Scenic course highlighting the charm of New Albany
- Plentiful course support with over 500 volunteers
- 30+ live local bands along the course for entertainment
- Finish line celebration includes 30+ food vendors
- Race participants from 40 states/ 2 foreign countries/ 350 zip codes
- Race participants range from Olympic qualifiers to casual athletes
- Has raised over $1.75 million for charity